Welcome to MCC Women’s Ministries!
Mission Statement: To equip women to be genuine followers of Jesus Christ in their personal lives, their homes, the church, the community, and the world.
Women of all ages will find many ways to connect, grow, engage, and serve the mission of MCC through Women’s Ministries. Our vision is to provide women from all walks of life opportunities to grow in their relationships with God while connecting with other women and using their unique spiritual gifts to bring glory to God by serving others.
We start by Getting Connected with other women at one of our “main” events. We have one a month, including:
- Mugs & Muffins Mornings: One Saturday morning a quarter you are invited to bring their own mug, which we fill with coffee and tea, and then we supply the muffins. The topic/focus of the morning varies.
- Movie Nights: One Friday evening a quarter you’re invited to watch a film. You can wear whatever is comfortable, and bring a pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, or beanbag chair, if you wish, and your favorite snack and nonalcoholic beverage.
- Brunches, Desserts, Mini-retreats: We plan bigger events, also once a quarter, to focus women’s issues, get to know one another better, and raise money for good causes.
Then we Stay Connected/Grow with events and activities that are smaller in nature:
- Prayer Groups: We pray for our adult children, for one another, for the church, and more.
- Bible Studies: A regular women’s Bible study is held two Monday evenings a month, and others pop up once in a while.
- Moms’ Groups: MCC’s Women’s Ministries and Children’s Ministry work together to reach out to moms.
- Move Your Body: Walking, exercising, hiking, and more. If you’re interested in it, you will find other women interested and willing to join you.
- Book Clubs: Do you love to read and discuss books of interest. Join other women with the same love.
And we Live Connected/Engage by reaching out to others, whether within the church, in our community, or in the world:
- AVA (Advocacy for Victims of Abuse): ECC churches work alongside violence prevention agencies in the community to reach out to abused women and raise awareness in our congregation about domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Knit and Crochet: If you like to work with yarn, join us as we knit and crotchet for charity, in a group setting or at home. Projects include caps for New England Seafarers Mission, prayer shawls for those with chronic or terminal illnesses, and hats for babies.
- Missionally Minded: You can work with the local Pregnancy Resource Center, serve as a mentor for a woman just out of jail, feed the hungry—we can connect you to all sorts of mission programs within MCC.
- Social Issues: The ECC has numerous social issues it is working on through its Love Mercy, Do Justice initiative.
If you’d like to find out more about any of these events, or receive the monthly Women’s Ministries newsletter, call the office at 603.352.6816 or email email@example.com. You can also find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mcc.women.ministries